Bhavan is not just a premium institution known for excellence in academics; it excels in the field of sports also. Our school truly understands the benefits of games and sports in a student’s life. Sports teach students on how to cope with adverse situations in life, make them mentally alert and embody in them a strong sense of cooperation, discipline and team spirit. Consequently, various indoor and outdoor games are an integral feature of our school curriculum.
Through the year, the school calendar is packed with a spate of sports events, camps and competitions, presenting the students with a wide spectrum of sporting activities in which they can participate and excel. Under our After School Hours Programme, the students are trained in Roller Hockey, Table Tennis, Basketball and Football by the professional coaches. Besides this, each class has two games periods every week, wherein the students play sports like badminton, football, chess and cricket. And the playground is the favourite haunt of students—be it sunshine or rain, hot or cold, every available moment is spent in the basketball court or football court, seeing the sports aficionados making the most of it.
Annual Athletic meet: One of the sought after sporting event is the Annual Athletic meet-two days of sheer determination and grit to do well in the track and field events.
International Achievements 2018-19
Our students made their mark with a unique and extraordinary achievement by winning Silver medal in the recently concluded Roller Hockey Asian Championship held in Namwon, South Korea from 4th to 13th Sept, 2018. Nandini Choudhary, Saumya Seth and Sanya Seth, the students of class XI represented India in the Junior and Senior Women Inline Hockey championship and won Silver Medal in the Junior Category. Nandini Choudhary was also the Vice-Captain of the team which gave an outstanding performance. Incidentally Runjhun Sharda, Captain of the Quad Roller Hockey team which won a Gold Medal is also a student of Bhavan Vidyalaya, Chandigarh, having passed out this year.
The proud winners were felicitated by the UT Administrator Shri V.P Singh Badnore, who complimented them for putting up a grand performance and also interacted with the players and their parents. He assured them of his support in ensuring the best coaching facilities of international level at Chandigarh.
The Roller Hockey Asian Championship is the Roller Hockey Competition amongst the National teams of Asian countries that is held every two years and is organised by CARS, Confederation of Asia Roller Sports.
National Achievements 2018-19
Our young sports persons made us all proud by winning medals at the National Level the whole year round.
55th National Roller & Inline Hockey championship 2017-18 was held at Kurukshetra (Haryana) from 18th to 23 Jan 2018:
- Shurya Katna of VIII B won a Bronze medal in Junior Roller Hockey.
- Kritvee Sharma of VI A won a Silver medal in Sub Junior Inline Roller Hockey.
- Nandini Chaudhary of X A won a Bronze medal in Inline Roller Hockey.
- Runhun Sharda of XII A won a Silver medal in Senior Roller Hockey.
- Ujjwal Partap of XI B won a Silver medal in Senior Inline Roller Hockey.
3rd All India Sub Junior National Ranking Badminton Championship held at kalaburagi from 15th to 21 June 2018:
- Devika Sihag of VIII B represented Haryana state and won silver medal in under- 15 doubles girls’ age group.
Cadet national fencing championship was held at Cuttack (Odisha) from 12th to 16th September 2018:
- Anushka Sharma of IX A represented Haryana state and won gold medal in the epee event in under-17 year’s girls’ age group.
64th National School Games (SGFI) was held at Chandigarh (UT) from 26th to 29th September 2018:
- Amisha singh of XII A represented Chandigarh team and won a silver medal in the under-19 year’s girl’s age group.
64th National School Games (SGFI) was held at Manipur from 26th to 29th Nov 2018:
- Mannat Sharma of XI A represented Chandigarh team and won a bronze medal in team in Sabre under-17 year’s girl’s age group.
All India Sub Junior National Ranking Badminton Championship held at Raipur, Chhattisgarh from 21st to 28th Oct 2018:
- Devika Sihag of VIII B represented Haryana state and won gold medal in under- 15 doubles girls’ age group.
- Devika Sihag also won bronze medal in under- 15 year singles girls’ age group.
International Achievements 2017-18
Our ace skaters Runjhun Sharda and Nandini Chaudhary made us extremely proud by representing the country in World Roller Games organized by Federation of International Roller Skating held at Nanjing, China from 27th August to 9th September 2017.
Both these promising skaters were selected for and then attended three camps, which were organized by RSFI (Roller Skating Federation of India), to prepare them for the Championship. An experienced coach from Italy was invited to train them.
Finally, they both left for China on 25th August. They got to play against teams of different countries. They also got to learn many new techniques from their way of playing. They formed friendships with lot of people there.
All-in-all, it was an unforgettable experience for them both.
- Rhunjhun Sharda of XII A- Represented India in Senior Women’s F.I.R.S Cup in World Roller Games and got Runners up Position
- Nandini Chaudhary of X represented India in Junior World Roller Championship (In line)