The students of Bhavan Vidyalaya Chandigarh proved their exceptional mettle once again with their astounding scores in the Class XII CBSE board exams 2019-20.
- Oshil Bansal of the Commerce Stream topped the Tricity with an incredible aggregate of 99.4%. She scored perfect hundreds in Accountancy, Economics, Business Studies and Maths.
- Aryan Lehri of the Commerce stream, with a laudable score of 99.2% stood second in the Tricity. He scored perfect hundreds in Economics, Maths and Physical Education.
- Aryan Mahajan from the Humanities stream was ranked first in Chandigarh and second in Ticity with an exceptional 98.8%. He scored a perfect hundred in History. With an aggregate of 98.6% and 98.4%, Anushka Sharma and Suyma stood second and third respectively in Humanities.
- In the non-medical stream, Nikhil Goyal stood first in the school with 97.2%, while Pranvee Vashisht stood second with 96.8%. Geetika Bansal stood third in the school with 96.6%.
- Shruti Goel topped the medical stream in the Tricity with 98.6% Other achievers in the medical stream include Omisa Kamnath and Parul Kataria, both with 96.2%
- Other school achievers in the Commerce stream include Shruti Gupta with 98.2%, Sanya with 98% and Paaritosh Singh, Sana Bansal, Simran and Himanshu Goyal and Aarushi Dhoomra with 97.6%
|Stream||Total Candidates (234)||90% and above|
|Commerce||115||105 (91.3% students)|
|Humanities||72||61 (84.72% students)|
|Science||47||37 (78.7% students)|
- In addition to this extraordinary result, 7 students in Economics, 5 in Maths, 6 in music, 3 in accountancy, 2 each in Business Studies, English and Physical Education and 1 student each in Biology and History scored perfect hundreds.
Braving the Odds
Some students did the school proud, despite braving numerous odds. While some fought physical and health challenges, others balanced their passion in sports with academics.
Persons with Disabilities(PWD) Category:
- Arjun Madaan of XII C2, a student with dyslexia, scored an impressive 93.2%.
- Jaskaran Singh of XII C1, impressed his peers with his sterling performance, scoring a laudable 95.6%, despite his physical ailment of not having his right thumb.
- Nandini Chaudhary of XII A2, International Medallist in Roller Hockey, scored an astounding 96.2% Nandini had brought laurels to the school last year by winning the silver medal in the 18th Asian Roller Hockey Championship held in South Korea last year. She also won the silver medal in the 57th national roller skating championship in Senior Inline Hockey.
- Sanya Seth & Saumya Seth of XII C3, International Roller Hockey Champions who made the school proud earlier last year by winning the silver medal in 18th Asian Roller Hockey Championship held in South Korea, scored a whopping 95.6 and 95.8% The twins had also won the Gold and Silver medal in the Chandigarh State Roller Skating Championship held from 4th to 6th October 2019. It is also notable that Sanya and Saumya have also completed Visharadpoora in Bharatnaynam and won the 1st prize in National Championship in Bharatnatyam.
National Players & State Medallist:
- Mannat Sharma of XII A2, National Silver Medallist at the SGFI National Games held in Chandigarh scored 91.6%. She has also been the recipient of numerous awards in the state and district level.
- Dumyat Sachdeva of XII C3, state silver medallist in Shooting scored a magnificent 94.4%
- Vaishnavi of XII C2 is a national level basketball player. She scored 92%.
National Achievers in Music:
Moiraa of Class XII C2, a trained singer, who secured the third position in National Level Singing Competition, Swaranjali, secured an astonishing 96.4%
With board exam result out class X students of Bhavan Vidyalaya, Chandigarh, made their mark yet again by excelling with performance par excellence. Upholding the long held tradition, Bhavan shines bright yet again! Vrinda Gupta was ranked first in Chandigarh and Second in the Tricity scoring 98.8%. She was followed by Ashish Chandra & Navnoor Kaur Gill in the second position with 98.2% whereas Anushka Sharma secured the third position with 97.8%.
In the overall result, out of 197 students who appeared, 114 students scored 90% and above, while 54 secured 80% and above, whereas 26 scored 70% and above.
Vrinda Gupta– ICAI organised a National Level Commerce Quiz and Vrinda Gupta is among the top 120 students from all over India who will be getting a certificate & Rs 1000/-. She has also been awarded a Sanskrit Scholarship by Rashtriya Sanskrit Sangathan for three years.
Anushka Sharma is a Gold medallist in 16th Cadet National Championship this year and a multiple medallist in the State and District tournaments. In addition, she also secured the Fifth position in HTSE Stage II Inter School (State)
In addition to this extraordinary result, 18 students in Mathematics, 04 in Social Studies, 2 in Sanskrit scored a perfect 100.
Braving the Odds: Some students did the school proud, despite braving numerous odds. While some fought physical and health challenges, others overcame financial difficulties and some balanced their passion in sports with academics. Some of these resilient students are:
- Saba Dhawan who scored 74.4% despite having Type II diabetes.
- Vaishnavi 83%, the daughter of a class IV employee of Bhavan, is an avid writer and has been conferred with an award of Rs 5000/- at the National Level Writing Competition.
- Saagar Thakur (73%) has specific Arithmetic Disability had opted for Hindustani Music in which he scored 95 marks.
National Players & State Medallist:
- Shaurya Katna a Gold medallist in UT inter school Roller Skating Championship scored an impressive 89.8%.
- Bhavya Pahuja, who scored 71.6% is a Gold medallist in the National Urban Games 2019 organized by Urban Federation of India at New Delhi.
- Anjali a silver medallist in 16th Chandigarh State Junior Women Boxing Championship scored 80.2%.
Special Achievements of Students
- Akhilesh Mehra 97.2%- An excellent orator, he has won many prizes at State & National level, has cleared STSE examination 2019-20. He is a young author of a popular book “A Dragonfly Tale”.
- Harsh Jakhar 95.6%– Who is indeed a young Einstein, has won many National level competitions in Maths & Science. He secured a First prize at the National Level INCA Map Quiz.
- Selected for STSE
Yojit Kapoor (96.6%)
Advay Gupta (94.8%)
Harshit Sharma (93.2%)
Pradyuman Singh (92.4%)
- Ashish Sahoo with 95.8% is also a first position holder at the State Level Dance Competition organised by Kala Utsav .
- Asmi (93.6%) has secured a First prize in CBES Expression series on Mahatma Gandhi Painting Competition at the National level.
- Shreya Sharma (97.2%) is a Gold Medallist in International English Olympiad.
- Aditya Dubey 95.8% –secured the first position in the INCA Quiz National Team.