In our endeavour to nurture our students as truly global citizens, Bhavan partakes in international student exchange programmes, and also organize trips abroad. These programmes are intended to increase our young students’ understanding and tolerance of other cultures, as well as improving their language skills and broadening their social horizons.
Student/Teacher Exchange programmes
- A delegation of 7 students and 2 Educators from the Webb School, Knoxville USA visited our school as a part of a Student Exchange Programme initiated by Rotary Club from 11th Feb. to 15th Feb. 2019.
The students and teachers of the school played host to this group.
The students and the escorting teachers were taken around the school and got an opportunity to observe the teaching techniques and interact with the students in the classrooms. A special Basketball match was organised between the students from Webb School and Bhavanites.
During their stay in Chandigarh the visitors were taken around to the places of tourist interest and gain a first hand’s experience of Indian culture and tradition.
The visit proved to be an enriching experience for all, and the guests and hosts both ended up having a whale of a time.
- Ms Inderpreet Kaur, PGT English was selected to participate in the Fulbright Teacher Exchange Programme during which she went to Burlington-Edison High School, Washington. Her US counterpart, Ms Jennifer Bradbury was with us for four months.
Ms Namrta Khera, our French teacher, went on a two weeks trip to Tours, France. The fully paid trip was sponsored by the French embassy and Ms Khera was one of the few the teachers selected from all over the country.
- Ms Neera Puri, PGT English, was one of the 14 teachers and counsellors selected from over the country for 15 days all paid trip to US, during which she travelled from one coast to the other, California to New York, visiting 14 universities. The exposure trip was to apprise Indian teachers and students with the educational opportunities available in US Universities for international students.
- Meenal Gakhar, a superior diploma holder in French, was one of the eight students selected from all over the country for a 12 day trip to France.
- 11 students accompanied by the Principal and Vice-Principal went on 6 day trip to Singapore for a Student Exchange Programme, organized by the Education Department of Chandigarh.
- The students and teachers from Yishun Senior Secondary School Singapore came to our school for two tours as ambassadors of good will and friendship under an International Exchange Programme. These visits were organized as a part of the on-going Inter-Cultural and Educational Immersion Programme organized by the Education Dept. Chandigarh.
- Flora Josephine Schnelle from Germany was with us for 8 Months under the Students’ Exchange Programme initiated by the Youth for Understanding, an International Organisation engaged in promoting educational and cultural immersion programmes among different countries.
- Inshita Lakhanpal, a class XII student was selected for the Japanese Government short term Scholarship and visited Japan.
- Varnika Sharma, a student of Class XI commerce was selected by the Rotary Club Chandigarh for a four weeks Exchange Programme to Germany.
- Four student Interactors from the Webb School Tennessee USA – Lizze, Helen, Ceci and Rachael visited our school as a part of a Foreign Exchange Programme. These students stayed with us from 17th January to 22nd January during which two of our school students, Sophia and Tamanna played host to them. During their stay these students visited the school, to help them understand the working of the Indian Education System.
- As a part of a student exchange programme, initiated by the Rotary Club Chandigarh, two of our school’s class XII students – Irama and Ambika Agnihotri, visited the Webb School of Knoxville, USA.
International Educational Trips organized by school
• Two educational trips to NASA at Kennedy Space Centre Florida, followed by visits to Disney World Orlando and New York were organized.
• Thirty two students and four teachers went for an educational tour to U.S, which was organized by INIZIO EDUTECH. The 12 day long trip, aptly named LALVSFO-12, included visits to the three main cities of North America i.e. Los Angeles, Las Vegas and San Francisco. For many students it was a dream come true. It was an experience of a life time for them as they visited many educational institutions including Stanford University, picturesque vistas and places of historical significance.
• Seven of our students from classes VI to X and our Music teacher Mrs Purabi Barua had the honour of being a part of the celebrations of the 12th Annual Holi Mahotsav hosted by Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan, Australia at Darling Harbour. A large number of people from the Indian and other diverse communities of New South Wales participated in this grand festival of vibrant colors, friendship and harmony, heralding the arrival of spring.
• Our students had the rare opportunity to visit Pakistan when they went to Aitchison College, Lahore to participate in the MUN conference.
• Another trip of students and teachers went to Lahore Grammar School as a part of the MUN conference delegation.