Students of classes X and XII have brought laurels to the institution’s impeccable track record.
What an unprecedented success it turned out to be for the students of Bhavan Vidyalaya, Sector-27-B, Chandigarh, when they once again proved that they are second to none with a stellar performance in Class XII Board Exam held by CBSE in March 2017!
The school result went a significant notch higher this year with four students of Commerce stream securing the top two positions in the country. Aditya Jain and Mannat Luthra scored 99.2%, emerging as All India Toppers in the Commerce stream, while Sanat Goel and Saurabh Gupta with 99% secured the Second top position in the country in the Commerce stream.
It’s noteworthy that, according to CBSE countrywide analysis, out of the top 7 students with highest aggregate from all streams, 4 are from Bhavan Chandigarh.
- Topping the country in the Commerce stream, Aditya Jain scored the perfect score of 100 in both Economics and Business Studies, while Mannat scored 100 in Accountancy and Mathematics. Sanat Goel and Saurabh Gupta stood 2nd in the country in the Commerce stream. Sanat scored 100 in English, while Saurabh scored 100 in English, Economics and Business Studies.
- The Humanities students also did exceedingly well with Kritika Chaudhary and Pragati Sharma securing First Position in the Tricity with an impressive aggregate of 98.2%.
- In the Non-Medical stream, Shreya Bali scoring 97% emerged as the school topper, while Rishabh Sood secured the Second position with 95.4%, and Shabnam Dewan secured the Third Position with 95%.
- In the Medical stream, Ipsheta Neogy topped the school with 94.8%, Vanshika Goel secured the Second Position with 93.6% and Shania Saini was Third in school with 93.4%.
In the exceedingly satisfying overall result, out of 186 students who appeared, 139 students scored above 90%, which is a staggering 74.8% of the total strength. In the Commerce Stream, 94 students out of a total of 112 scored over 90% aggregate (an average of 83.93%)while the Science stream had 24 students out of 42 scoring an aggregate of over 90% (an average of 57.14%) and in the Arts stream, 21 out of 32 students scored an aggregate of over 90%(an average of 70%).
To complement this extraordinary result, an impressive number of students scored 100 in various subjects.
- 10 students in Economics,
- 4 students in Accountancy,
- 14 students in Business Studies,
- 4 students in Political Science,
- 8 students in Mathematics
- 6 students in English
Some of the students did extremely well braving various odds- either physical challenges or pre-occupation in sports.
- Rahul Bhatia, partially visually challenged student, scored 87.6%
- Chahak Garg, a National Level Table Tennis player scored 97.2% with a perfect 100 in English, Business Studies and Mathematics.
- Uktarsh Bhukkal, a prolific State Level Cricket player, scored 95%.
- Parth Khungar, a National level Gold Medalist in Roller Hockey, scored 88.8%
The students of class X performed exceptionally well in the CBSE Board Examination. Pushing the yardstick of excellence a notch higher, 50 students scored a perfect 10 CGPA out of 154 who appeared this year, while 67 students scored a CGPA between 9.0 to 9.8.
This year several students performed exceedingly well in the Board Examination inspite of being involved in sports activities. Ishaan Verma scored a perfect 10 and he represented UT Chandigarh at N.S.G.F.I. in Basketball. Bhavesh Aggarwal, a National level tennis player scored CGPA 9. Two National level Skaters Milind Mago and Ujjwal Pratap Singh, who are Medal Winners at National Roller Hockey and have represented UT Chandigarh scored CGPA 8.2 and CGPA 9 respectively.
The Principal, Mrs. Vineeta Arora congratulated the students and teachers for producing 100 percent result. She said, “Those students who have scored 10 CGPA definitely deserve a pat on their backs”.